I’m a human-centered educator with a passion for helping people grow. I have a strong background in technology, strategy, design, and math. I love communicating complex ideas visually, and I take great pride in the balance between my left and right hemispheres.
Doctorate of Education
Leadership & Learning in Organizations
Master of Arts in Education
Digital Teaching & Learning
Bachelor of Arts
Human Development with a Concentration in English
Fall 2003–Spring 2005
Adobe Creative Cloud
Remembering Where I Put My Keys
Hemet Unified School District
Educational Technology Administrator
- I am currently the EdTech Administrator for HUSD
- I oversee the district’s strategy for education technology and the successful deployment of our various edtech initiatives.
- I conduct technology trainings and lead a team of tech TOSAs in alignment with HUSD’s professional development strategy
- I evaluate program effectiveness and communicate progress to internal and external stakeholders.
Gloo & Pando Education
Engagement Strategist & Deployment Lead
October 2015–October 2018
- Gloo works to help various organizations develop their people in the time between face- to-face meetings.
- I led a small team of internal instructional designers and creatives, as well as third-party development and creative firms to translate our clients’ curricular content into customized growth experiences on the Gloo platform.
- In July 2017, I began contracting with Gloo through Pando Education, a company I started back in 2012 but had only recently begun running full-time.
Riverside County Office of Ed
Teacher & Paraeducator
Lake Elsinore, CA
August 2009–October 2015
- I taught middle and high school mathematics, as well as middle school English and science within traditionally underprivileged school districts.
- I taught in blended settings as well as traditional brick-and-mortar classrooms.
- I worked as a paraeducatior in middle school SDC and high school ED settings.
November 2011–November 2012
- I supplemented my teaching income by writing daily deals for diverse merchants across the U.S. and Canada.
- I wrote creative, market-specific copy for a variety of products and services.
- I consistently met deadlines and effectively communicated with my editor while working 100% virtually.
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
June 2008–June 2010
- I handled the cable and wiring harness engineering responsibilities for power tool, appliance, and submersible applications.
- I managed projects from sampling to pilot to production stages on key accounts such as Black & Decker, DeWalt, and Pentair.
- I handled technical writing and drafting responsibilities and collaborated with Conductive’s international manufacturing teams.
Wherever my travels have taken me, I’ve usually found myself at a Starbucks, library, or kitchen table tutoring students in math.
I have volunteered with the Big Brothers of Colorado program, as well as the Big Idea Project, helping students develop the traits of Generous Leadership.
I was elected to serve on Romoland School District’s Governing Board.
I led Santa Rosa Academy to their first-ever playoff berth in my first year as head coach. I have also coached high school track and field and youth soccer.
In the heyday of the Daily Deal, I wrote hundreds of ads for LivingSocial. One of them even earned their “Best Copy” award.
Warner Bros. Entertainment still hasn’t noticed the 2 million views I’ve received on a YouTube video comparing Bloom’s Taxonomy to bits from the popular sitcom Seinfeld.
From the drawing board to the pitch floor, I developed, designed, and delivered a presentation that secured a $1.8mm contract for Gloo.